Peace of Mind Pack
Peace of Mind Pack
This is a dynamic emergency assistance service designed by experts to suit you. Redgate Lodge Assist, administered on our behalf by Call Assist, operates a 24 hour, 365 days-a-year service for you to contact should your vehicle experience a breakdown.
Call Assist are trained to the highest degree and are backed by the latest computer technology and mapping facilities together with a fully trained network of Recovery Operators throughout the UK
If your vehicle suffers a breakdown:
- An electrical or mechanical failure which immediately renders the vehicle immobilised
- Running out of fuel
- Flat Tyres
- Locking you key in the vehicle
Help will be sent to the scene of the breakdown and we will pay call out fees and mileage charges needed to repair or assist with the vehicle. If, in the opinion of the Recovery Operator, they are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside the Recovery Controller will assist in the following way:
We'll assist with:
- Arrange for your vehicle, you and up to five passengers to be recovered to the nearest centre able to undertake the repair, or;
- If the above is not possible at the time of the breakdown they will arrange for your vehicle, you and up to five passengers to be transported to your home address or original destination
A Recovery Operator will be despatched to your home address or within a one mile radius. Attempts will be made to repair your vehicle on the spot. If a repair is not possible they will transport your vehicle to the nearest repairing garage.
Key Protection has been designed to reduce the stress and worry of losing your keys, as well as the expense.
- 24 hour, 365 days a year nationwide coverage.
- Keys lost or stolen abroad.
- Three days' car hire (up to £25 inc. VAT per day) when stranded by the theft or loss of your keys.
- £25 towards any call out charge when your keys are locked in your vehicle or broken in the lock of your vehicle.
- Up to £350 inc, VAT per claim for any vehicle key lost or stolen and vehicle lock replacement, for the duration of the policy.
- £10 reward paid directly to the finder.
As 17 motorists every hour will tell you, filling your car with the incorrect fuel can be disastrous for your engine and very expensive to repair.
It's an easy mistake to make if you're in a rush or have recently changed your vehicle - but a serious one.
Fill your diesel vehicles with petrol or vice versa and the damage could be extensive as well as inconvenient. The vehicle repair costs for the 150,000 drivers who make this mistake annually totals £50 million. **
Add to that the inconvenience of having your vehicle off the road and the price of this simple mistake could be more than the cost of a tank of fuel.
Autoprotect's Mis-Fuelling Insurance covers you for:
- Recovery - We will pay up to £100* invlusive of VAT towards the cost of towing the vehicle to the nearest repairer to drain and clean the fuel tank.
- Replacement Vehicle - We will pay up to £30* per day inclusive of VAT for up to a maximum of 3 days towards the cost of a replacement vehicle.
- Repair - if mechanical damage has occurred as a direct result of mis-fuelling, we will pay for repairs to be made up to a maximum of £1,000.*
- Replacement Fuel - We will also refill your vehicle with the correct fuel once repairs have been carried out up to a maximum of £60
**Source: Auto Express Magazine May 2008. *Within the terms and conditions of the cover. The full terms and conditions as well as exclusions of cover are contained in the policy wording.